Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's Been A While...

...because I have been sick. No, not the kids, just me. Not that I wish they were, but it would be so much easier if they weren't 110% all the time.

Last week we were getting ready to leave for dance and the kids were playing around on the driveway. I ran out and grabbed Ben to put in the car and Lexi was right behind me. I heard her scream and turned around just in time to see her mouth hit the concrete. I just knew she'd knocked out all her front teeth. She grabbed her mouth and started yelling that she was bleeding. By the way, mouths bleed a lot! I brought them back in the house to their bathroom (big mistake!) and along the way Lexi had used her bloody hand to wipe her face. As soon as she saw her face in the mirror she started shrieking like something from a horror movie. I finally got her cleaned up and realized she had bitten a chunk out of her upper lip, but luckily her teeth were fine. All she cared about by then was if she could still go to dance. So, off we went to dance with swelling lip and a scratched up nose. As of today, it looks like nothing ever happened.

This morning Ben found an open bag of coconut in the pantry and poured it all over the floor. He's really into intentionally spilling things, although he usually says "uh-oh" before he does it. I don't know what people did before dust busters. I'm sure there's lots more, but my mind is blank.

Oh, here's a good one. You know you're getting older when a toy from your childhood is on the History channel. It was a Speak & Spell by Texas Instruments from 1978.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, man! That had to be scary. Kids are so resilient, though. Can you imagine if that been you? I would've been bed-ridden for months...

    Not the Speak & Spell! Oh, that makes me feel ancient!

    ReplyDelete