Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Alabama Trip…Andy & Dusty’s Wedding

Andy & Dusty’s wedding was beautiful! It was a little cold out (58°), but considering the weather the day before and the day after it was perfect. On Friday night we had rehearsal at Rosewood and then dinner at Costa’s. We decided to drive back to Winfield afterward, because the kids didn’t need to be there until later in the day for pictures. It was about an hour and a half drive. On Saturday we arrived back at Rosewood around 3pm. I waited until the last minute to dress the kids since it was so cold, but they were troopers! I think the photographer might have gotten one picture of the entire wedding party before the little ones took off (there were 3 under age 2). Ben decided to start teething right before the ceremony and Greg ended up missing it so that he could take Ben for a walk. Poor little guy was so cold, but looked so cute. Lexi walked down the aisle perfectly and sat on the edge of the porch with the other girls. As soon as the ceremony was over I gave Ben some teething medicine and put his warm clothes back on and he was a happy camper. The reception was just as beautiful as the ceremony and the outside of the Rosewood. The floral arrangements were gorgeous! We had mashed sweet potatoes with toppings, mashed potatoes with toppings, macaroni and cheese, chicken strips, biscuits, shrimp and grits, assorted cheese and crackers, and fresh fruits and vegetables. All traditional southern comfort foods. The bride’s cake was white with a butter cream icing and the groom’s cake was Andy’s favorite red velvet made by Kim. I think Ben ate grapes and cheese and I’m not quite sure what all Lexi ate, but she did manage to get a lot of stuff on her dress. They both got to visit with their cousin Abbie and enjoyed dancing. Lexi caught Dusty’s bouquet and ran over to us shouting, “I winned! I winned!” I assume she thought the bouquet was the prize, because she never asked what she had won.


The wedding party (less the 3 little ones).


Ben in his shorts and knee socks.


Lexi loved playing with the ribbons on her dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment