Lexi's ballet routine was to "Happy Working Song" from the movie Enchanted. She worn a yellow apron. Her tap routine was to "I Wanna Be Like You" from The Jungle Book. She worn red shorts and monkey hat. So yes, the theme was Disney.
Friday - The fun began today when Lexi had two routine rehearsals about an hour apart. Of course by the second routine things were running behind, so we ended up being at the theatre almost four hours. Try that with a hungry and tired 20 month old who only wants to play on the huge staircases. I took a bag of entertainment and plenty of snacks, but all Ben wanted to do was play on all the stairs. If he hadn't been wearing his monkey leash things would have been much worse. I'm the line mom for the tap routine, meaning that I have to stay with the girls (3 & 4 year olds) once they are ready and then line them up and make them stay that way. Again, try that with a 20 month old, not fun at all. It was also nice to discover that the dressing rooms are upstairs (about 40+ of them) and I'm not suppose to be going up and down stairs very often on my bad knee. Much less carrying an extra 30 lbs.! After about 10 trips I was in pain and my knee was already swelling. A big thank you to Kim for helping out with Ben. We all barely survived and got home at the kid's bedtime.
Saturday - We had to be at the theatre at 7pm for dress rehearsal at 7:30pm. Thankfully my mom arrived in the early afternoon so Ben stayed home with her. Greg went with us so he could tape the dress rehearsal, because we're not allowed to tape or make pictures during the performance on Sunday. Not that that stopped anyone from doing it anyway! Lexi did great. She had no problems being on stage and having so many people watching. We left after her second routine to get home, because Ben started missing us at bedtime.
Sunday -We had to be at the theatre at 2pm for the 3pm performance. My mom came with us and Greg stayed home with Ben. I doubt he would've made it through the entire 2 hour and 20 minute performance. He got to take his afternoon nap and play alone with daddy. Lexi did great again. Another big thank you to Kim for helping with Lexi's bun. I'm glad she'd let someone do it. When we went to sit down to watch the rest of the performance I don't think Lexi moved except to say that's Miss Carli or Miss Amanda (her instructors). She was in awe, as were most of the little girls. The finale was a sacred dance routine that was touching and beautiful. One of those things you just have to see to understand.
So now Lexi is all geared up for dance next year. This summer she is taking tumbling and then in August she will take another Tap/Ballet combo class. Sorry my pictures are so far away. My mom actually got some up close, so I'll post them when I get them.

Pre-Recital Pose

Lexi is one in the middle with her arms up doing the routine.ddle with her arms up doing the routine.

Lexi and Addison waiting to go on stage.

Lexi is 3rd from the right.



No comments:
Post a Comment