Thursday, May 14, 2009
Table Art
Next Thursday is Lexi's last day of school before summer starts. She wanted to draw both of her teachers a picture to remember her by on Tuesday after dinner. I let her get out all of her crayons, markers, scissors, paper, etc. to use while we were waiting on Ben to finish eating. I told her specifically to be very carefully with the markers and not write on the table. She said she would be careful. I sat down to look at a magazine for a few minutes, but not facing her. A few minutes later she walks over to show me that she had written her name on her hand and made polka dots all over her arms. I told her I hoped it would come off during her bath and got up to help her clean up. Then I saw the purple marker all over the table. I looked like she was trying to draw a scalloped edge on a marble-top table. It clearly was intentional. I wasn't like she could have accidentally drawn off the sheet of paper. After I asked her about 50 times why she did it, she said the paper wasn't long enough for what she was drawing. Needless to say, someone was in big trouble and I had about a two foot squiggly line of marker to try to remove. After about four cleaning products I finally was able to turn the purple into a light pink with rubbing alcohol. I'm hoping a Mr. Clean magic eraser will finish the job. So last night Lexi was talking to my mom and she was telling her about the pictures she drew for her teachers. I asked her if she was going to tell Meme about drawing on the table. She put the phone down and said, "I'm not going to tell Meme I did something bad."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment