I didn't realize it had been so long since my last blog!
The past two weeks Lexi took swimming lessons at our local health & wellness center. Her lessons were at 8am Monday through Thursday and boy was getting the kids up and out a struggle. There was one day that I had to pick Lexi up out of bed and put her down to get her moving. What she doesn't realize is that this fall school starts at 8am every morning! Ben didn't want to move either. I usually just got him out of bed, dressed him, and then put him in the car with a cup of milk. He got to eat breakfast in the cafe or on the pool patio when we got there. Lexi did really well. I think her favorite things were floating and kicking holding onto a noodle and a kickboard. She passed 9 of the 14 skills, so she will take the same class next summer. Hopefully, while we're on our two week vacation next month she will be able to practice a lot.
Last week she also started the summer program at Wesley. This year they are doing a celebration of children's authors. Several of her friends are in her class, so they are having lots of fun. Tomorrow she starts tumbling at the dance studio. The summer program and tumbling both end when we leave on vacation. When we get home, we'll have 2 1/2 weeks until school starts. Oh, and Lexi is going to play soccer this fall too. She has always loved kicking around a ball ever since she was about Ben's age. This will be something fun that Greg can do with her.
Greg took a few days off last week, so we took the kids to the zoo in Houston. It was hot, but not too bad. I packed 12 bottles of water and between the four of us we drank all but one. Ben enjoyed relaxing in his stroller. The only animals that he seemed interested in were the giraffes, jack rabbits (or something similar), and the warthogs. The later two, because he could get within inches of them. Otherwise, whenever I tried to show him something he just looked at me like he couldn't care less. Lexi got mad, because they didn't have koalas anymore, but they did have a very cute red panda. Her legs got tired after a couple of hours and she insisted that she was going to die. Poor kid! The Columbus Zoo is 2-3 times bigger and we'll be there in a few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It sounds like y'all have a busy summer, too! We are on day 5 of swim lessons today. Only 3 more lessons this week and then we get to put what they learned into action at the beach! I am SOOO ready!
ReplyDeleteAren't they all just that dramatic at the zoo? "I wanna go, I wanna go!" Then you get to the zoo and it's "I wanna leave. I'm tired. Carry me. Can we go yet?" Such drama!