Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wow! It's Been A While.....

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post. I guess I've been keeping busy this summer with the kids. We are leaving for a 2 week vacation in a couple of weeks, so I've been trying to organize and plan our trip as much as I can in advance. We are driving to Ohio (yes, driving from Texas) to visit Greg's parents for a few days and then spending a few days in the Great Smoky Mountains. Lexi is going on her first white water rafting trip and she is ready to go now! She wants to go look for bears in the mountains too, but who knows what we might see!

Lexi is enjoying the summer program at her soon-to-be old preschool/Ben's new preschool and tumbling at the dance studio. She's going to play soccer this fall and she'll be taking tap and ballet again also. She starts school on August 20th. We have all of her uniforms ready to go and she is very excited. On Thursday at school they are having homemade ice cream in celebration of the poem "18 Flavors". Lexi said, "Ice cream isn't a snack. They should feed us healthy stuff like apples and bananas." That was a proud moment. She loves ice cream, but could definitely be a vegetarian.

Ben has learned to climb and sit on the back of the couch. He seems to have developed eczema this summer, so he always smells like lotion. His favorite things to do are eat and play ball. He's gotten a bad habit of throwing toys and Lexi and I agree that Little People hurt when they hit you in the head. Lexi has been teaching him to do a forward roll and he can actually do it all by himself occasionally. He likes trying to dance too, but the poor little guy has no rhythm.

I know, I know...I need to post new pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment