Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We're Moving...ASAP

So, we arrive home from vacation and Greg goes to work on Monday. He had meetings all day and at 6pm his boss walks in his office to tell him he has a new assignment. The assignment is at ExxonMobil Chemical Headquarters in Katy, TX effective September 1st. We had absolutely no idea this was coming at all. We were all ready for the kids to start school next week and for Lexi to start dance and soccer again. I think we’re still in a state of shock. We were just getting things back to normal after Greg’s 10 months of post Hurricane Ike clean up and start ups. It’s bittersweet in a lot of ways. We’ve decided to move back to the Humble/Kingwood area. We lived there for almost 8 years before moving to Beaumont in December 2007. Greg will probably have at least a 40 minute commute, but honestly who in Houston lives near their job? He knows several people that work at headquarters that live in that area and there is a vanpool. Plus, we hope to live right off the beltway. The kids and I just happened to be going to Humble two days after we found out. We drove around neighborhoods and familiarized ourselves again. Luckily, the Montessori school that Lexi was going to attend there before we ever moved to Beaumont has a space for her this fall. I was able to enroll Ben in the MDO program that Lexi attended there also. I’ve also found a dance studio and soccer club. Their medical records are being transferred back to their first pediatrician and Lexi’s dentist has always been there. I’m grateful that since we now have 3 weeks to move that the only thing we need to worry about is finding a house we like in the area we want that we can move into ASAP. Otherwise, we might end up living in a different area.

We will miss all the great friends we have made in Beaumont. I’ve actually made people cry this week when I told them we were moving so soon. If you’re asking why I’m just now telling the world, well it’s an unwritten rule.

This will probably be my last post until after we move and get settled. I’ve been decluttering and cleaning like a maniac around here to get the house ready to be packed and on the market.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, LeAnne! So happy for you but will miss you! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete