Thursday, April 30, 2009

Disgusting, but Funny!

So, I’m taking Lexi to school and just as I’m pulling into the parking lot Ben gets sick…really, really sick! Lexi says, “Mom, we need a plan.” Yes we did and fast. I get out of the car and start looking around for someone who is her class or anyone I know and of course no one is around. I waited for a few minutes and then got out my phone and start calling people to see where they were. My luck no one is answering, because they are too busy taking their kids to school. I doubt I wouldn't have looked at my phone either. I even called the front office, but no one answered there either. This entire time Ben is happy as could be. I debated taking him out of his seat and stripping him down to his diaper to go inside, but I was sure that as soon as I did an alternate would come up and then I’d have an even bigger mess. By now it’s about ten after and the parking is getting thinned out. About that time a nice older lady with her granddaughter walked by the open door and was like, “Oh, you need help.” I hated to hand Lexi off to a stranger like that, but my options were gone. I thanked the lady and told her where Lexi’s class was, although Lexi knew exactly and I almost let her go by herself. I waited a few minutes and called the front office again. I told them what had happened and asked if someone would check to make sure Lexi got to her class okay. They came back on the phone and said that she proudly walked in the door and announced to the whole class that “Ben vomited all over the car.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I feel your pain! Those moments are so, so humbling. My son has done that more times than I am wiling to think about, and never, never within 20 miles of home when he did it. I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete