Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Lexi was so excited that she was getting to make me a present at school for Mother's Day. She came home from school on Thursday and ran to her room to hide it under the bed. She said that she was suppose to give it to me on Sunday and I was to open it in bed. She woke up at 6:30am! She literally camped out next to the bedroom door. By 7am Greg came in and asked if she could come in and give me the gift. The first thing was a white bag that had her hand print on it like flower petals and inside it was a framed picture of her outside next to the fountain at school. The second was a shoe box made to look like a bed. Inside the box was a muffin, an apple and a tea bag. She said I was suppose to eat breakfast in bed and not make a "family" breakfast (meaning daddy is home to eat with us) like I usually do on Sunday. I opened the muffin and she asked, "what kind is that anyway?" I told her it was banana nut. She said," Yum, that kind is my favorite!" I asked her if she wanted it and of course she nodded enthusiastically. So we sat in bed and she ate my muffin and ate the apple.

What else? Let's see...we bought a new television for our family room. We hung it on the wall on Saturday night. Our other one kept turning itself off and no one in our area would work on it. It went out on Thursday and the Geek Squad couldn't send a third-party contractor from Houston until tomorrow. So, we'll get it fixed if we can and then put it in another room or sell it.

Ben is up to all kinds of things lately. In one week, he started climbing on Lexi's bed, climbing and standing in his high chair, and turning chairs over to balance himself standing on the chair legs. I need to get pictures, but my first instinct is to get him down before he falls. If he falls from the high chair he's likely to hit tile or granite and I'm not interested in a trip to the emergency room.

I'm going to have to start writing little things down that happen during the week or posting more often, because I know there was something else I was going to blog about. My next entry should be about Lexi's dance recital and pictures. I hope!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love the breakfast in bed story! (And tell Lexi I may have to use her scarecrow idea!)

    Sounds like Ben is a regular monkey. Speaking as the mother of a fellow monkey-boy, you might as well put the ER on speed dial. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete