Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lexi's 1st Broken Heart

Lexi's very first day of preschool in Beaumont last spring she met a little boy, Jacob. She talked about him all the time and eventually started referring to him as her "boyfriend." They weren't in the same class, but they played together in the gym and on the playground. Although, I highly suspect he did not think of Lexi as his girlfriend. This continued throughout the summer program and again in the fall. They still were not in the same preschool class, but they were in the same class during the after school program. There was one day a couple of months ago when she decided to kiss him goodbye, but he was doing a good job of trying to get away when their substitute teacher separated them. It was kind of funny now looking back, but it definitely wasn't at the time. I was shocked! We had a long talk that car ride home. Thankfully, she listened and never tried that again. By the time the holidays rolled around he was telling his mother that Lexi was his "pretty girlfriend." Now that school has started back, Jacob is gone. He wasn't there the first week and now this week his name is off all of the class rolls. I told her yesterday that he wouldn't be there anymore, but she just says he's just really sick like Ben and that he'll be back. I wonder how long she will talk and ask about him? Or will their be a new "boyfriend" soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment